Friday, May 30, 2014

Weekend Confusion

Yesterday, late afternoon, I got in my second official training plan run.  It went soo much better than the first one!  I ran a route that I've done a zillion times, it's 3.19 miles, and I ran it in 28:01 (8:47 avg).  The weather was beautiful, and I had had a somewhat stressful day at work, so I cranked up my music and just got it done.  It felt great!  After that, my friend Alyssa and I went to our weekly kickball game (my team lost).

This weekend I have so much going on, and I feel somewhat torn.  I'm trying to figure out where I will fit my running in this weekend, here are my options: a) move Saturday's run to Friday (a scheduled "off" day) night, b) wake up at 5:30 on Saturday morning to get my scheduled run in, or c) postpone Saturday's run to Sunday evening, which in turn would postpone Sunday's to Monday, etc.  My entire day Saturday is booked solid, and I have to leave my house at 7:15 am to travel.  I feel like since I'm only in week one I shouldn't switch days around already, but the thought of waking up at 5:30 (which is earlier than I wake up for work!) is crushing me.  Since I don't have plans for tonight, I could always do Saturday's run tonight, and take Saturday off.  I don't know.  I feel overwhelmed trying to plan this!  And, knowing that my next few weekends are just as hectic is not helping.

If you were me, which option would you choose?

When you have busy weekends, how do you plan when to run? Do you base your plans around your runs?

1 comment:

  1. As your sis, knowing your sleeping habits, I would say run tonight, take tomorrow off, run Sunday. You know you would hate life if you got up at 5:30am on a Saturday! :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete