Monday, May 19, 2014

The Ultimate Run Playlist

I can not not listen to music while running or working out.  I just don't understand how people can run listening to the noise of cars and traffic.  It drives me NUTS.  If my iPod dies on my runs, I panic.  Weird, right?

I have a certain few songs that make it onto every.single.playlist I have ever made, so don't be surprised by the older songs.  I try to make a new playlist every few months, to ensure that my run stays exciting.  I currently use an iPod shuffle, it holds around 250 songs, and has a convenient clip to attach to my clothing.  Side note: I won this iPod in a raffle in college... it is in the top ten best moments of my life.


  • "On A Roll"- Icona Pop
  • "MMM Yeah"- Austin Mahone ft. Pitbull
  • "One Minute Man"- Missy Elliot
  • "Summer"- Calvin Harris
  • "Move Your Body"- Eiffel 65
  • "Shawty Get Loose"- Lil Mama
  • "Come Baby Come"- K7
  • "Levels"- Avicii
  • "Just Can't Get Enough"- Black Eyed Peas
  • "This Is How A Heart Breaks"- Rob Thomas
  • "Barbara Streisand"- Ducksauce
  • "Lex"- Ratatat
  • "You Spin Me Right Round"- Billy Idol
  • "Remember The Name"- Fort Minor
  • "One (Your Name)"- Swedish House Mafia
  • "'Til I Collapse"- Eminem
  • "Marry The Night"- Lady Gaga
  • "The Recluse"- Plan B
  • "Va Va Voom"- Nicki Minaj
  • "Four Minutes"- Madonna ft. Justin Timberlake
  • "Bounce"-Calvin Harris
  • "Won't Go Quietly"- Example
  • "Bright Lights"- Tinchy Stryder
  • "Groove Is In The Heart"- Deee Lite

There are probably about 200 more songs on my current shuffle, but listing them all would be a little tedious.  I will admit that this is not the kind of music I listen to for pleasure- I'm more of a Black Keys, Kings of Leon, and Arctic Monkeys kinda gal, but my playlists for working out differ than my everyday music.  I am constantly on the hunt for motivating, fast paced, interesting music.

What do you listen to while working out? Are you able to work out and run without music?

3 comments:

  1. When I work out, it's in yoga, so they play a mix of intense indie songs and traditional indian songs, with some meditative/repetitive songs. Usually the calm songs are at the beginning and the intense songs are in the middle of the practice.

    love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently going through a reggaeton workout music phase - J.Lo, Pitbull, Rickey Martin, Shakira, Winsin y Yandel, Nina Sky...anything with a beat that makes me want to dance. Love the blog, Lin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rach! Thanks for your music input. I just went through and downloaded a ton of Pitbull and Shakira and they are doing great and fitting perfectly into my playlists.

    ReplyDelete