Wednesday, May 28, 2014

DAY ONE!

Yesterday was DAY ONE!  I completed my first run of my training schedule yesterday morning. I was pretty unhappy with how it went, but I reminded myself that it was just my first run and not to get frustrated.  I did a three mile run at a 9:31 pace- I don't know where that came from!  I haven't run that slow in years.  It made me mad, actually.  However, I am trying to justify this slow time with the fact that: a) I was coming off a long weekend of eating a lot and not my best sleeping, b) it was much warmer/more humid than it has been, c) it was a new route and, d) I was wearing an uncomfortable pair of shorts due to lack of laundry doing.
 
I was so excited to start this 20 week plan, and I feel as if I'm off to a bad start.

Other than that, I had a nice long weekend of doing not much.  I took a seriously amazing piloxing (pilates & boxing) class on Saturday morning, and went for a 3.5 mile run on Sunday morning.  I then made some awesome granola bars.  After that I headed down to my boyfriend's beach house until Monday night. We went for walks, hit a couple hundred golf balls, sat in the sun, and remembered those who have served our country!
This is a photo from the wintertime, from the patio @ my boyfriend's beach house
Homemade granola bars... I will post the recipe soon!

Hopefully Thursday's run (my next scheduled run) will go better than yesterday's did.  The weather is supposed to be cooler than Tuesday morning (which was 68 @ 6am), I will be sure to have my laundry done and ready to go, I won't have eaten so much the day before, and I will be sure to run a route I already know!

Do you ever have "off" runs? How do you make yourself feel better about it?

Did you have a long weekend? What did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment