Thursday, May 15, 2014

My Gear

Everyone has their own personal style, and this is true of workout apparel also.  I, personally, love anything colorful.  Anything that screams "YEAH! Let's do this!".  I do NOT wear bright colors to say "hey look at me!".  I wear them because they excite me and get me psyched for a good workout.  

I can usually be found in tank tops for any type of workout.  I love my arms, so I don't mind exposing them- if you got it, flaunt it- right?! I am currently loving Under Armour's mesh tanks- I don't feel weighed down by them, and they allow for air flow during intense workouts.  If the weather doesn't allow for tank tops, I usually opt for a half zip or no zip sweatshirt.  Since this winter was brutal, I purchased a few Patagonia and Nike sweatshirts, and they were solid investment pieces.


One of my many wildly patterned sweatshirts
For my bottom half, I am obsessed with the C9 by Champion line carried at Target stores, especially the Power Core tights and leggings.  The tights and leggings come in a variety of thickness, insulation, colors, patterns, and lengths.  For running, I prefer full leg coverage or shorts, but for gym workouts and classes, I love capri length.

Socks: it may sound strange, but socks can really make or break a run for me.  I prefer thick, cushioned socks, and I don't care for socks that have tighter elasticity in the middle of the foot area.  I purchased a pack of thick Addidas socks years ago, and to this day, they are the only socks that I feel successful in when running.  Unfortunately, I can't find them anywhere anymore, so I have to settle for other socks- I find that these Addidas socks are my favorite thus far. 


Just my typical ensemble for group class!
I have four pairs of shoes, each having their own role and purpose.  First, I have my running babies.  I've always preferred Brooks over any other brand.  I really like the durability of their shoes, and they make a lightweight shoe that is not too too light, if you know what I mean.  Second, I have my back up running babies.  I try to do at least one run per week in my second pair of running shoes, just to keep my feet from becoming conformed to one shoe.  These are also a pair of Brooks, but not a lightweight model.  The next pair of shoes I use are Nike.  I find that I just don't enjoy running in Nike brand shoes, but I do like lifting weights, and taking some classes in them.  These bad boys not only have an awesome design and color scheme (I LOVE polka dots), but they're light and comfortable.  The fourth pair of sneakers that I use are also Nike, but they're a little more cushioned.  I use these for tennis, kickball games, and hiking.


Shamless pre-run selfie (in hot pink Brooks)
Needless to say, my friends and family think I'm insane when it comes to outfit selection for workouts.  They say "you're wearing that!?" or most recently "Linley, I think it's too soon to wear the crazy blue pants to kickball, you don't know your team like that yet".  But, I will remain true to myself and wear whatever my heart desires, and whatever makes me feel like I'll get the best run or workout in.



What do you feel most comfortable in?  What's your workout apparel "style"? 

Do you have any strange preferences, such as a sock preference?

No comments:

Post a Comment