Monday, September 15, 2014

One Month To Go!

Trying to capture how sweet my water belt is!
One month to go before the Hartford Half Marathon!  

As October 11th gets nearer, I'm getting more excited, and definitely more nervous.  I'm running a solid 27 miles per week right now, with my longest runs at 11 miles.  I truly cannot believe that I can run that far.  When I started my half marathon journey, I was struggling to run 2 miles- what a transformation! This week, I'll increase my long run to 12 miles, the same for the following week, then begin to taper.  I've begun practicing using Gu and other fuel during my runs (I really… really… do not like Gu) and I also got a sweet water bottle belt that I'm getting adjusted to wearing.  I've already picked out my outfit for the big day, a custom shirt that will honor my #iRun4 buddy!  My buddy Emmylou and her family are so strong and inspirational, and I seriously don't think I could get through my longer runs without thinking of them.


Tired legs
For the past month or so, I seriously have not slowed down.  Since I left my job, my schedule is all over the place and I am finding it hard to dedicate time to sitting down and writing.  I've been working "part-time", hunting for a condo, traveling a lot (California, Newport, Boston…), and just being generally busy.  I've been really enjoying only working part time, although I know it won't last for much longer.  I'm excited about a job opportunity I have coming up- more details later!
New places I've discovered on my runs- so peaceful
Post run- shoe and snack bar matching




















 That's all for now- until next time!

How do you find a balance between work and hobbies?

Do you have any races coming up? Any other sort of activity you're training for?


No comments:

Post a Comment